Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wow. Just.... wow....

Maybe you've seen it.  The Facebook group "Dear Lord, This year you took my favorite actor, Patrick Swayzie.  You took my favorite actress, Farah Fawcett.  You took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson.  I just wanted to let you know, my favorite president is Barack Obama.  Amen".  IMO, not funny.  And I have a pretty twisted sense of humor.  Truly.

I'm not surprised it's out there.  Really.  There are crazy extremists on all sides.  What has me speechless are the number of people I know who loudly and proudly proclaim how they are loving devoted Christians, but then join a group which in essense is praying for God to kill the president.  Nice.  Real nice.  Do you think Jesus is impressed by your actions?   Do you think He's proud of you for acting this way?  For using His name to spread hatred?

You don't like the man or his policies.  Fine.  But I think wishing him dead is taking things way WAY too far. 

*shakes her head sadly and just walks away*

1 comment:

  1. It's just a really really sad commentary on the state of things isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!