Thursday, April 14, 2011

Um... You're Dropping WHAT?

While in the car, listening to the radio today - I had to think my ears must have been deceiving me.  MUST have been.  I certainly couldn't have heard them advertising for an Easter Egg Drop.  Could I?

Oh yes.  Yes, I could.  That's just what they said.  An Easter Egg Drop.  Where helicopters will drop thousands of Easter eggs onto the baseball field for kids to collect.

Now, I admit I didn't pay the closest attention in high school science.  And I never took a physics class of any sort.  But in my experience (which involves dropping an egg from about waist high in the kitchen) when one drops an egg - it breaks.  And makes quite an eggy mess.  It seems to me that even a hard-boiled or those plastic eggs are sure to suffer some significant cracking when dropped from a helicopter!

But maybe I'm wrong.  It happens occasionally.

On a side-note:  This line of thinking very quickly brought me to the old WKRP in Cincinnati episode with the turkey drop.  "Oh, the humanity! The turkeys are hitting the ground like sacks of wet cement! Not since the Hindenburg tragedy has there been anything like this!"

2 comments:

  1. I saw recently that they do a marshmallow drop around here somewhere, then the kids get to collect them and trade in for candy and prizes. Sounds a little safer than an egg drop...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best TV episodes of any show, ever! "As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly"

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!