Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Carolina Dreamin'

I keep thinking about the Outer Banks.  We had a wonderful vacation there last year and I can't wait to go back again this year.  I'm already making plans in my head.  Today I went to the official website (http://www.outerbanks.org/index.asp) and ended up lost for much longer than I had intended.  I clicked on page after page.  Enjoying memories and making plans. 

I can already feel the ocean breezes and warm sun.  I can smell the ocean.  I can taste the Duck Donuts for breakfast and the local seafood for dinner. 

Which lighthouse(s) will we visit this year?  Will we seek out an old shipwreck or two along the shoreline?  Will we drive up to Corolla to see the wild horses?  How many hours will I spend just relaxing on the sand with a book and a cold drink?

I'm already counting the days until we trek across the state to enjoy what the eastern end has to offer.  Until then, I can be found staring at the Outer Banks website with a far away, glazed over look in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. Can you do some Florida dreaming? I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!