Monday, May 23, 2011

I'm NOT The Gingerbread Man

You all remember that old rhyme from the story.  "Run, run as fast as you can.  You can't catch me.  I'm the Gingerbread man".  I am so not.  Running is just not my thing.  I've always been very up front about the fact that I don't run.  I don't even jog.  I don't enjoy it.  And I just don't see the point.  If someone suggest I take up running - I have to suggest that they take up chasing me with a knife.  Because that's really the only way I can see myself getting motivated to really get worked up past a brisk walk. 

The other morning I saw a lady out jogging.  Slowly.  So slowly that I thought to myself that I'm pretty sure I could walk faster than that.  Which led me to wonder... why wasn't she just walking?  Was there really some point in jogging that darn slow?  Would walking not have accomplished the same thing?  Had she been walking at that pace I wouldn't have thought twice about it.  I would have been impressed that she was out walking and getting her exercise at 7:30 in the morning.  Instead I was left thinking about how slow she was jogging.  And wondering about it.  Probably just another way I don't get the whole running thing...


I know, I know.  Someone right now is frowning at the screen as they read this and feeling indignant.  I'm really not trying to knock you.  If you run or jog - GREAT!  I know people that run and just love it.  They just don't feel the same unless they get their daily run on.  I think it's great if that's what they like.  Really.  Truly.  But I just don't understand it.  I do, however, encourage them to feel free to run enough for the both of us.

Right now, I'm going to wrap this up and run get something done around the house.  Relax.  It's a figure of speech.  It will probably be more of a slow walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!