Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Memories of Memorial Day



This year Memorial Day was, well... different.  The Princess had work.  The Little Man had school (they were making up a snow day)  That left myself and The Man of the House to amuse ourselves.  We decided to head over to the Biltmore Estate for a walk and a little picnic.  The Man made lunch and we were on our way.  It was a hot, HOT day.  But beautiful.



We started at the Lagoon



Walked along the river...

 



Until we found the perfect spot for our picnic

We watched the geese...



And the canoes going by.





















And on the way back we enjoyed the views of the house.

 

2 comments:

  1. nice! I would love to go visit Biltmore House again sometime! I think the last time I went I was around 13 yrs old!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!