Monday, June 6, 2011

Target Missed the Spot Today!

I am frustrated. I don't like being frustrated.  And I was a little embarrassed too.  I don't like being embarrassed either.  What happened you ask?  Well, let me tell you...

Today I made my regular Monday shopping trip to Target.  And for the first time the cashier and manage refused to take several of my coupons!!

I was using coupons from yesterday's paper for Tide and Q-tips.  The coupons did not specify a certain size had to be purchased to use the coupons.  And they did not state that trial sizes were excluded from the coupon.  But they refused to accept them because I was purchaseing travel sized items.  I have used this type of coupon in the past with no problem.

And yes, the register popped up a little notice that was along the lines of "if item is included please press accept" or something along those lines.  They said they couldn't do that because it was against policy.  Please!!  I've seen the cashiers do that literally dozens of times when it popped up for other coupons and not even blink over it.  Policy, my foot!!  He just didn't want to take my coupons for the travel size.

I typically enjoy shopping at Target.  And one of the reasons is because of how they accept coupons.  Even allowing customers to use one manufacturer's coupon and one store coupon on the same item.  It's an important part of my strategy to save money and make the most out of our grocery budget.

But today's experience left me annoyed, frustrated, and yes - a little embarrassed.  AND will have me carefully considering how much of my business Target will be getting in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!