Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sister Time

I was lucky enough to spend much of the past week with family.  My sister, her daughters, and my mother came to visit. 

I always cherish time with my sisters.  We don't get enough of it now that we live almost 9 hours apart.  And I missed my middle sis tremendously during this visit.  Hopefully she will be visiting soon.

We made the most of almost every day.  Taking kids fishing, picking blueberries and swimming at our dad's house, going to the Biltmore Estate, the North Carolina Arboretum, and the local tailgate market.  It was a fun-filled adventure and we made lots of memories together.

It was also bittersweet.  Because it reminded me of how much I miss when we are all apart.  And makes me miss my sisters that much more. 

They can make me laugh and make me cry. (and sometimes laugh until I cry)  Sometimes they keep me sane.  Sometimes they make me crazy.  They make me wonder at how alike we are,  and how we can be so different - all at the same time.  They remind me of who I used to be, and push me to be the person I can become. 

They are my sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!