Monday, October 17, 2011

A Change of Perspective

It's so simple to focus on the negativity around you.  To get frustrated by the little stuff that drives you crazy.  To be annoyed by the things other people do.  But finding something to focus on other than that negative trigger, can turn it into a different story.

Today I found myself sitting in traffic.  I don't know why it should surprise me.  It's leaf season around here.  And that particular area of town is a tourist hot spot.  As I sat through the red light for the second time, it would be very easy to get frustrated and impatient. 

Instead I found myself admiring the way the sunlight reflected off the yellow and red leaves of the trees by the road.  And watching the ladybugs fluttering about.  (yes, I know they are Japanese beetles, but to me they are still "ladybugs")  And something amazing happened.

I wasn't tense, or frustrated, or annoyed.  I would even go so far as to say I was actually enjoying my time sitting there waiting for the light.  In fact, I was a bit disappointed when we started moving again.

It's all a matter of perspective.  Enjoy the view.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my post AND for this link. I agree, these moments are just so spectacular and it would be such a shame to miss them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!