Wednesday, October 19, 2011

One of Those Days

It's been one of those days.  And that's not a bad thing.  Today I feel pretty good about what I have accomplished.  Which isn't always the case.

It started this morning when I got up after only hitting the snooze button one time.  Not the usual 2 or 3 (or more) times I usually go through before finally dragging out of bed.  I got the boy off to school, started a beef stew in the crock pot, got ready for work, stopped on the way for gas, and managed to get to in on time. 

At work, for the first time in a long time I am pleased with the things I managed to complete today.  There is always still plenty to be done, as usual.  But I was able to mark several things off the constant "To Do" list today.  And it felt pretty great to see the list actually shrink today!

When I arrived home, the delicious smell of that stew filled the house.  It feels really good to know there is a nice, hearty meal ready for my family and I don't have to worry about it now; but can actually relax!  And relax I will, once I fold this basket of laundry I just took out of the dryer to make room for a new load. 

Was it a busy, stressful day?  Nope!  But it was fruitful.  And I don't feel exhausted and tense for once.  Yep.. today was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. You said the magic words, "no stress". Aren't those days marvelous? :D

    ReplyDelete