Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Saga of the Rash Continues

It's back.  That dang rash!  It started back up yesterday afternoon.  And is in all its red and itchy glory today.  As far as rashes go, it's lovely.  The stuff dermatologists and allergists probably love to see coming through the exam room door.  As for the affect it has on me and my appearance...  not so lovely.
 

This is the main body of the rash currently.  Although there are also patches below my other eye, on my neck, and my upper chest. 

It's frustrating.  I'm trying to narrow down what could possibly be causing it.  I think we can rule out poison ivy or any of her cousins, as I have not been near anything like that recently.  And this started before the Girls (chickens) came to live with us, so I can't blame it on them.  I'm starting to seriously consider a food allergy.  Yesterday I had a peanut butter sandwich.  Could it be celiac rash?  My mother has a gluten intolerance.  And that could explain why it comes and goes if it's based on my wheat intake.  Could it be a peanut allergy?  Maybe?  Who the heck knows anymore?!?!

All I know for sure is that it itches like CRAZY.  It's embarrassing.  And annoying.  And I am sick and tired of it!

Now, if you'll excuse me - it's time to take my next dose of Benedryl.



1 comment:

  1. That looks AWFUL! I hope you get to the bottom of the mystery soon...could very possibly be a food allergy...so sorry to see you in such shape Beckey! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!