Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Counting My Blessings

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around." - Willie Nelson

I am thankful for The Man of the House.  For his love, his kindness, his patience, his strength.

I am thankful for my children.  And for my grandson, who I will meet in the new year.

I am thankful for my sisters.

I am thankful for my parents.

I am thankful for my friends.  Those I have known for years; and for those recently come into my life.

I am thankful that we have enough food on our table.

I am thankful that I have a comfortable bed to sleep in.

I am thankful for the roof over our heads.

I am thankful that The Man of the House and I both have jobs in a time when so many do not.

I am thankful for a God who is forgiving and full of Grace.

I am thankful for books to read.  And for my Nook, which puts so many of them at my fingertips.

I am thankful for the beauty of nature around me.

I am thankful for red wine.  And white.

I am thankful for all my coupons and the money they help me save for my family's needs.

I am thankful for music.  For the joy of singing out at the top of my lungs.  (even though others might be thankful if I did not. HA!)

I am thankful for laughter.  Especially the laughter of my children.

I am thankful for the strength of my husband's arms to hold me when I feel tired or weak.

I am thankful for coffee.

I am thankful The Man of the House is willing to kill spiders for me.

I am thankful for days when I learn something new about myself or the world around me.

I am thankful for quiet times of rest and thoughtfulness.

I am thankful for mustaches.  The fake ones that make me laugh.  And the real one that tickles me when I kiss The Man of the House.

I am thankful






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!