Saturday, January 28, 2012

Wordless

I have nothing to say.  Yeh... I know.  I find it shocking also.  I have nothing to say!  Me.  I always have something to say about something.  I can ramble on pretty much endlessly about absolutely nothing at all.  Or about most anything.

But not tonight.

Tonight I find myself staring blankly at the screen.  Not a single thought in my head except that I can't think of a single darn thing to post about.

The longer I stare, the bigger that empty, white box seems to be.  It almost has an accusing look. I imagine what the text box might be thinking.  "Why aren't you filling me up?  How long are you going to make me sit here - wordless?  This is so embarrassing for both of us really.  Either type something or close me already.  This is ridiculous." 

So, I force my fingers to begin to move.  Slowly at first, then quicker as something resembling thoughts begin to form.  Perhaps not exciting, profound, or especially interesting.  But something all the same.  Better than nothing.

Or not.

Maybe it would have been more productive to shut down the screen and just go to bed.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!