Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Comforting Art of Brinner

Brinner...  Mm mm....  Just thinking about it makes me smile.

What's that? Did someone just ask "What's brinner?"  Brinner = Breakfast for Dinner.  It's one of lives little pleasures.  All the yummy goodness of breakfast; without that whole annoying having-to-get-up-early thing!

I personally love brinner.  I say this, as if I have ever met anyone who doesn't like brinner.  I can honestly say I've never met a single person who said "Oh, I don't really like to eat breakfast food for dinner".  And thinking about it - I can't imagine what would ever possess someone to defy the comforting tastiness of brinner.  Unless, maybe, they just don't like breakfast food in general.

What is it about mixing up the meals?  What exactly is so comforting about having an evening meal of bacon, eggs and biscuits?  Or maybe a stack of pancakes and bacon.  (Or pretty much anything with bacon.  Bacon is enough salty deliciousness to dedicate an entire post of praise for it alone!)  Whatever it is, it works!  

I feel confident I can turn around the entire mood of my household just by dragging out the electric griddle and starting the bacon while whipping up some pancake batter!  Those frowns turn upside down.  Even the dog gets in on the act.  He sees that griddle on the counter and refuses to leave the kitchen, knowing something good is about to happen.  (I probably created this particular monster by making him his own little pancake each time) 

Can one have too much brinner?   Is there actually a point where it becomes too much of a good thing?  Possibly.  But I  haven't found that line and crossed it yet.  I admit to fixing brinner about once every week to 10 days.  Yep, I like it just that much!

We had brinner just last night.  And I'm already thinking about the next time I'll fix it!

6 comments:

  1. What's awesome about brinner is that you can make it as decadent as you please without feeling like a lush. Nobody looks at you funny for ordering amaretto in your orange juice and bailey's in your coffee when it's alongside a stack of pancakes at 9pm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm.. good point! Coffee and Bailey's (or in my case - a little Kahlua) goes perfectly with Brinner!

      Delete
  2. We have brinner in my house every Friday night. Its a weekly thing. I will never get tired of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah!! Glad I'm not the only one who makes this a regular meal!

      Delete
  3. We love brinner here too...and my mother in law used to fix Stevie Wonder and his sisters hamburgers at breakfast sometimes. I love the switcheroo of it all. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm! Hamburgers at breakfast - the little man would love that! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!