Friday, March 9, 2012

The First Robin

There are many signs of spring I look for:

the daffodils and forsythia blooming.

the peach trees in my yard starting to bud.

the grass turning greener.

the weeping willows being the first to show new green leaves.

One of my favorites is always when I spot the first robin of the season bobbing around pecking for worms or other goodies.  They always seems to show up right after a rainy day, when the ground is wet and all those creepy crawlies have come up to the surface.  And there is never just one; always at least two of them appear together.



Today as I was driving up the road toward the house when I spotted them.  There in the small grassy meadow across the street from our home - probaby 10 to 12 robins.  Happily enjoying the bounty that the early spring rain which fell last night had brought for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!