Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thankful Thursday - August 23

This week I am thankful for gentle reminders (or not so gentle ones).  I sat and stared at the blank page that was to be this post for so long this morning.  Struggling to find what to write.  This afternoon I got news that a dear friend has been diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer - and suddenly I was reminded of all I have to be grateful for.

My friend:  We met through work - first she was a client, and later became a co-worker.  She's funny.  And so encouraging and supportive.  She somehow always manages to see so perky and positive; no matter what seemed to be going on in her life.  Even as she gave me the news of her diagnosis and treatment status.  I feel badly that I have been so slack about staying in touch since I left work.  I keep thinking I need to call or email her, but somehow never do.

My health:  Nothing reminds you how blessed you are to be healthy like the health issues of someone close.  I got my reminder letter about my yearly mammogram this week.  You can believe I will calling to schedule THAT appointment asap!

The School Website:  In past years when the Princess was in high school, I was always frustrated with having to wait for the first day of school to get the list of needed supplies.  Today I was able to check out the individual page for each of The Little Man's teachers and get the list of supplies ahead of time.  Also found a few gems like the homework schedule and calendar of quizzes and tests for a couple of classes - which will come in handy when he comes home claiming he has no home work!











2 comments:

  1. Those are some good thankfuls, the schools having everything on the website does make it nice, years ago when we couldn't afford internet I was frustrated that they made it to where everything was online just get it online etc.. I couldn't I had to drag myself over in my sweats no make-up & ripped slippers (nah kidding I had shoes on lol) and ask the office for the info. I am prepared now and get it online in the comfort of my pj's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!