Friday, August 17, 2012

You Are That Temple

Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit lives in you? If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy him; for God’s temple is sacred, and you are that temple. ~ 1 Corinthians 3: 16-17

I love the image of ourselves as God's temples.  I think it goes right along with the concept people are getting of eating healthier, exercising, and taking better care of ourselves.  Think of all the beautiful churches, cathedrals, and temples around the world.  Some of them have stood for hundreds and hundreds of years.  A testimony to the strength and beauty of our Lord.  If we are the temple where the spirit of the Creator lives, don't we want to keep God's temple as strong and beautiful as possible?

I know it gives me a new perspective and inspires me to think of it in those terms!  Keeping God's temple, where His spirit lives, strong and healthy.

Maybe I should go for a walk or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!