Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thankful Thursday: October 4

Thursday: the day when I pause to take a few minutes and just soak in all the blessings which have been poured over me during the past week.
This week I am thankful for:

Gentle Nudges: Tuesday my infected molar was sending waves of pain through my face, and anxiety over going to the dentist had me in a stranglehold.  I probably would have tried to keep toughing it out and been in agony longer than needed had it not been for The Man of the House pushing me to go have it taken care of that day.  He even left work to run over to the office and hold my hand until I went back to the exam room.

The Female Offspring:  She encouraged me through my pre-dental anxiety attacks and handled getting her brother to his guitar lesson so I could get my tooth fixed.

Cookouts:  We had a nice afternoon last Sunday at Lake Julian park with friends.  We grilled hamburgers, played corn hole and horseshoes.  The weather was perfect, and it was a fun and relaxing way to wind up the weekend. 

What are you thankful for? Please share in the comments section.   If you feel inspired to write your own "Thankful Thursday" post; please share the link in the comments. I would also be very thankful if you also included a mention and a link back to this blog somewhere in your post.

4 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my family...without them I'm not sure where I'd be, what would have become of me or if I'd still be here.

    They are my everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Family is so important! Thank you for sharing!!

      Delete
  2. I am thankful for the life God has so graciously blessed me with. I was lost and wondering and He made Himself known to me. I often say that He saved me from me. I look at my family and am moved to tears. Sometimes I'll ask God, "really, they're mine?" I feel Him smile and answer each time,"yes my child, all for you."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *smiles* He saved all of us from ourselves. Grace... the best blessing of all!

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!