Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Pleasant Surprise

How great is my God?  Truly amazing!  Let me tell you a story...

A few days ago I had a very vivid dream.  In it, the family and I went into a restaurant with some friends of ours.  And there sat an old friend of mine from high school.  One I haven't seen or spoken to in 15 to 20 years.  We caught up and exchanged phone numbers. 

I woke up wondering why in the world I had dreamed about her.  I haven't thought about her in so long, and it was such a real dream.

Flash forward to Wednesday evening.  The family and I are meeting friends (yes, the ones we were going to the restaurant with in the dream) are heading to church for an evening of worship and a celebration of the Lord's Supper.  As we walk toward the worship center I glance over and my heart stopped!.  There, walking into another room  IS THE SAME WOMAN I HAD DREAMED ABOUT just days before.

At least I was 99% sure it was her.  I couldn't be positive unless I spoke to her.

I was shaken to my core.  I had dreamed about running into her and suddenly there she is in my church?  What were the chances? 

I couldn't stop thinking about it through the entire service.  And I decided if I saw her again after I had to go over and find out if it was in fact her and to speak to her.  I knew if God had placed both of us there at that moment - there had to be a reason and I couldn't let the opportunity pass by.

Standing in the atrium after, my eyes kept scanning the crowd.  Was it her?  Would I see her again?  There!!  I think I may have sprinted over to her (and I hope I didn't elbow anyone or knock down any small children in my hurry) and said "Excuse me, are you S-?"  It was!  I told her who I was, and a joyful reunion too part. I think I hugged her at least 3 or 4 times.

We have exchanged phone numbers.  Texts were sent today. 

I don't know why God decided it was time for our paths to cross again, but I can't wait to see what He has in mind for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!