Sunday, November 25, 2012

Sunday Spotlight: Upward Not Inward

Each Sunday in November I will be spotlighting guest posts written by women who have blogs which inspire and encourage me. This week's Guest Blogger is Falen from:


Confession time: I wanted a break from reality this weekend. I just wanted to run far away, a brief escape, forget about responsibilities, and rest my mind. So much to do, so much waiting, so much persevering, so much...

So, what did I do? I called in back-up and talked two girlfriends into a 7:00 a.m. Saturday morning hike! Two of us had been to this place before, and knew it would be a good ole time. We pull up, and there it is:


Do you see it? Here’s a closer pic:



First, how cool, right?! Second, it reminded me of this:

"Yes, my soul, find rest in God;
my hope comes from him.
Truly he is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge."
Psalm 62:5-7


While I wanted this mental mini-vacation, there was this more than obvious reminder that God’s got this! It’s okay. This scripture is like God whispering to me:

Find rest.
Remember where your hope comes from.
You are not your own rock.
You don’t do the saving, I do.
You are protected and safe, sturdy and firm.
I’ve got this!


Whatever you are going through right now, be encouraged...

God’s got this. Keep going. Don’t give up.
One day at a time. One battle at a time. One step at a time. One prayer at a time.
One victory at a time.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!