Monday, June 2, 2014

The Messiness of Me

Today the online Bible Study I am participating in ("Limitless Life" on Proverbs31.org - check it out!) presented the question:  Do you believe you are God's masterpiece?  Do you take Him at His word? That he can take any messy life and use it to make a masterpiece?


My knee-jerk, Jesus-girl response was "YES, of COURSE I believe that!" I mean... He's GOD!  He's is big enough and powerful enough to do anything.  Right?  Right! 

But the answer didn't stop there...

Because of course it can never be that simple with me.  Can it?

I kept turning the question over and over in my mind.  Really letting it soak in for a few minutes.  Minutes when I got real honest with myself.

My heart tells me that God can take any mess and turn it into a message.  That we are all His masterpieces and He can accomplish anything using us that He plans.  I know that to be truth.

But my head... oh, that pesky, pesky head.  It just had to jump into the think process.  You know, like it tends to do.  It reminded me of all the times messiness has resulted from choices and decisions I have made.  What a mess I have been - and still am.  Of all the times I have tripped myself up trying to go my own way instead of following in God's Will.  And asking me if I really think I can ever just let go and let God lead.

And that was the place where my heart and my head fell into agreement.  A compromise of sorts.  An understanding. 

Do I believe God can use even the messy parts of my life to build a masterpiece?

YES! I really really do.  IF... I can get out of His way and let Him do His work in me.






post signature

6 comments:

  1. I completely feel you! Getting out of the way is hard. But I do know that when I do get out of the way miraculous things happen. Have a great day!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good message! Thanks for sharing! With God, anything is possible, but you're right...sometimes we get in the way

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get in my own way too, either by running ahead of God as if I can do things better than He can, or by being frozen in place while God is calling me to move. I'm learning to find the balance. What a great reminder that even if I'm this messy, God can still make a masterpiece! Visiting you from Word Filled Wednesday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our own worse enemy is none other than ourselves. We limit ourselves...often we want to blame someone else or something that is standing in our way...but ultimately it's just us with our own head voices, letting the devil use our thoughts to getting us to where a God wants us to be. Glad you saw it for what it is and can now move forward. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We so often get in the way of God because we want instant answers when God chooses to mold and make us into what He wants a Masterpiece . He knows what is best and we need to let go and trust God with our mess. God makes our impossible possible. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Marilyn ( Proverbs 31 Ministry OBS Team )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we have all made messes but the grace of God can lift us out of those messes and transform our lives. Sounds like a good Bible study.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!