Monday, June 30, 2014

Three Things: I Use Everyday...

1)"Prayer Basket": 

The space where I have my morning devotional time can change from one spot to another depending on what is happening in the house at any given time.  That's why I created this sort of "prayer closet" in a basket!  It contains my devotional Bible, my journals, pens, index cards and notecards.  Add my item #2 and I'm all ready for my quiet time each morning...


2) Nook: 

I resisted the idea of an e-reader at first.  I'm a BOOK reader.  I love the feel of a book in my hand, the feel of the spine giving the first time you open a new book, turning the pages. But now I am completely sold on my Nook tablet!  Being able to carry all. those. books. with you wherever you go?  Add the ability to check email, google something, waste time on Pinterest, or play a game. I think I might be lost without it now!


3)  Home coffee station: 

 Complete with Keurig and all the required coffee essentials (K-cups, coffee mugs, sweetener, etc)  And if you have been reading this blog for a while - you know how much I love me some coffee. This area of my dining room gets plenty of use every day!

What three things do you use every day?


post signature

7 comments:

  1. Hi Beckey, We're neighbors at Beauty In His Grip. I love your prayer basket. What a great idea. I have a spot in my office where I start each day. Like you, it includes time in the Word, prayer, and coffee. Blessings on your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of a "prayer basket"!! I have what I call my "devotional chair" where I keep my Bible and note pad and pens. As for coffee....I gave it up a couple of months ago....it wasn't intentional, I just got up one morning and couldn't stomach the thoughts of it and haven't had any sense. I think cutting out the caffeine has helped my BP, though!!! HOPE you're having an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like cutting out the coffee was a good thing! Thanks for stopping by and commenting Deb!

      Delete
  3. I love your idea of a prayer basket and it is well equipped. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us here at “Tell Me a Story.” http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hazel! I try to keep everything handy during my mornings so I don't have to interrupt myself to go find something. Have a blessed week!

      Delete
  4. I like your basket idea. It makes having everything in one place so convenient. I use a tote & I like a glass of sweet tea! :) I love that you are intentional in getting your quiet time with God no matter where you are. I am stopping by from Tell the Story Link up. Many blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Cathy! A tote would be handy also! Great minds... :0)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!