Friday, September 26, 2014

But It's Just So... OLD!

For many years the Old Testament seemed ... well, OLD. Irrelevant.

To my thinking - that was just the history of the Jewish peoples.  Except for being the culture and belief from which Jesus emerged - what did it have to do with Christianity?  With me?


It wasn't until recently that I was able to finally see it with new eyes.  To step back and appreciate the full picture.

You see, this isn't just a history of a people.  It's the story of so much more.

As we read the Old Testament, we can find the promise of Jesus all over it.  God tells us again and again how he plans to bring salvation.  To renew His people.  To restore us.

The Old Testament is a promise.  The promise of God's love, mercy, and grace which would be completed with the New Testament.

With Jesus.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. I, too, used to shy away from the OT. As I've studied it, I find that it is so relevant. :).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!