Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Stuggling with the Brick Wall

I try to keep my blog upbeat.  I try to focus on all the things I have to be grateful for in my life.  I try to be positive.  I don't want to drag everyone down by being one of those blogs that's a big ol' whine-fest of things that bother me.  Full of negativity.

But can I be really, really real with y'all for a minute?  Cause, truth is - right now I am struggling a little bit.

I have been working on certain projects in my life. (namely my Etsy shop and my writing)  Things I was sure were part of God's plan for me.  A place where He had brought me.   But recently, I have had new things tossed on to my plate which complicate the process of trying to do what I am doing.  I find myself feeling as if I running into a brick wall over and over again.

photo: publicdomainpictures.net

It seems as though at every turn all I am getting is frustration and disappointments.

This leaves me wondering about the path I am on - which I was sure was God's plan - is right. Are the challenges I am facing the enemy trying to distract me from my goals, or is this God correcting some missteps?

I've prayed about it.  I've cried over it. I have vented to the Man of the House about it.   And (I'm not proud to admit this - it wasn't my finest moment) I've even had some very angry words with God about it. 

And still no answers.  Still I struggle. Still I cry. 

Still I pray.

I haven't given up on my dreams yet.  Although there was one day very recently when I was ready to just pack it up, label it "failed experiment", and move on. Burn my bridges behind me.  But, I didn't.  I couldn't. 

I held on, braced myself, and started forward again.  

It's not easy.

I try to stay focused on the positives.  The silver linings.  The glimmers of hope.

photo: publicdomainpictures.net

Waiting to find the opening in the wall. Or a ladder.



post signature

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so honest in your post. I must be honest, I feel the same way. I know it is just the enemy trying to distract us from our purpose in life. I will keep encouraging you each week as you do the same for me. Let us stay connected, I am stopping by from Rich Faith Rising Link up. http://deloracares.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I encourage you - I have those brick wall moments and it is worth the struggle and to keep on going to follow that dream. Sometimes when God says nothing it is because you are already doing exactly what he wants you to. Bless you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chin up sis. No, literally. You see, with that chin up you can see that there is a top to every brick wall - meaning it can be climbed over. If you need me, I'll help you build a ladder. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally get it. I have these times too. You are not being negative, you are being REAL. I'll take real everyday over fake. So often women are so afraid to be honest when we feel like crap. I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing.
    Sending you my love and support. Too bad we don't live near each other. We could go to lunch and eats lots of chocolate dessert. I think that would help some. ;)
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those moments are so hard! When you wonder whether you just need to keep sticking it out because the enemy's throwing up roadblocks, or if you've somehow missed the boat. I always think when that happens that I'd love for God to send a flashing neon sign!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!