Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Three Things: That Make Me Happy

Well, once again, my post for yesterday didn't get published. If you're counting, that's twice in less than a week.  What is with me and getting "Publish" goin' on time?  I apologize for the late post.

LOTS of things make me happy.  It would be simple to fill this list just with immediate family members alone.  The Man of the House makes me happy.  The offspring make me happy.  And the grand baby makes me happy.  They are the top 4 on my "Things That make Me Happy" list.  Without question. And if you've been reading this blog for any amount of time now, you can probably guess that, Yes, reading makes me happy.  Coffee makes me happy (and awake)  Knowing all of that - let's just move on to some other things that make me happy.

1) Living in the Mountains - Here in western North Carolina, I am constantly surrounded by so much natural beauty.  God's artwork at it's best.  We get a definite distinction between all four seasons (usually)  The summers are hot.  The winter's aren't too cold (again - usually).  And the autumn is just spectacular! I don't think a week goes by when I don't have my breath taken away from a view along my daily travels.


2)  The Sound of a Child's laughter -  You know the one... that full, hard belly laugh of a child.  You don't?  Go to YouTube right now and search for "baby (or babies) laughing"  Seriously... it's the BEST.  I challenge you to listen to a child's uninhibited, joyous laughter and not end up laughing yourself.  Or at least wearing a huge grin on your face.

3)  Sleep - good sleep.  Restful sleep.  Or maybe I'm just thinking it would make me happy because I have been waking myself up coughing which has prevented a good night's sleep for the past 2 nights.  Nope.  Even without the cough... I just love a good, deep sleep.  Or, more precisely, the rested peaceful feeling I have the next day makes me happy.

post signature




3 comments:

  1. Restful sleep? I vaguely renember what that feels like! :) Hope your cough goes away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes a good night's sleep is the best! Have a good one!
    http://www.robincharmagne.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I love this list! I live in Houston and it is flat, unless you count the overpasses. ;). I can only imagine the beauty you witness daily. I laughed at sleep because that would definitely make my list. Every night as I lay down, I tell my husband that sleep rocks. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!