Monday, December 22, 2014

The End of Fear

At the end of 2013, when I began thinking about the concept of "One Word" for 2014 - I never imagined that Fearless would be revealed to me.  But there it was - over and over.  Fearless.  And that is the word I adopted for the past year.


The word God revealed to me and has used it to show me so much about myself and my fears.

How fear is its own for of doubt and disbelief. That the key to being truly fearless is trust.  Trusting Him and His plans for me.  Being willing to step out in obedience despite my own fears and concerns.

How I have allowed my fears to rule me and guide my life rather than following His plans for me.

And constantly reminding me: "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

Am I completely fearless now?  Am I free from worry?  No... it still creeps in.  More often than I would really like to admit.  But it's progress in the right direction. 


post signature

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful word to focus on. I am so guilty of letting fear control me. You are always so wise to share His truths!! Sending you love! Have a wonderful week and an amazing Christmas. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!