Friday, January 2, 2015

Shiny and New

The list maker in me loves the start of a new year.  Leaving the past behind.  A fresh start.  All shiny and new.   Full of promise.

It's that same part of me who adores a brand new box of crayons with the fresh points lined up in a row.  A new notebook or journal full of empty pages waiting to be filled.  Opening a new book for the first time and feeling the spine give just a little.

As I sat yesterday, sipping my coffee and soaking up the first morning of 2015 - I came across this verse:
Lamentations 3:22-23

And that's when it occurred to me.  With Jesus, every day is like New Year's Day!!

A new beginning.  A fresh start.  What ever happened before is in the past.  All your mistakes, missteps, mess ups, and sin..those were then.

THIS.  This is now. You can give all of it over to him and He will wash it all away.  Giving you a clean slate.  A fresh start. However far you fell yesterday - today is a new beginning.

His grace and mercy never run out.  Never dry up.  Never get tired.  Never give up on you.

They are new every morning.  Every. Single. Morning.

Every day.  Every hour. Every minute.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful truth! I, like you, love fresh starts. I never thought of this verse as fresh starts for Jesus. What a refreshing and truly peaceful truth. :)
    You are totally making me smile today!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!