Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Spirit of Gratitude: February 16 & 17

 I started this post about 3 times yesterday, but kept getting distracted.  For example: We had an ice storm moving into the area, which meant school got released early, and the male offspring didn't get on the bus - so I had to go pick him up.  Then the precipitation started, and was constantly going to the window to check out the snow, then sleet, then freezing rain and sleet.  All this - plus just being a little scatterbrained in general - meant that the Monday post was never completed until today.  

 I AM THANKFUL FOR:
Staying up later than I intended
Warm sun - Cold Wind
Valentine crafty-ness
Making muffins with the grand baby
Haircut for the male offspring
The snooze button
The grand baby helping with laundry
Clean sheets
Finding the card and chocolate the Man of the House left for me when he went to work
Date Night
Delicious German food for dinner
The female offspring making pancakes for breakfast
A break from the cold for the day
Running errands with the Man of the House
Baking Valentine's Day cookie pie 

Lazy days hiding from the cold
A pot of chili simmering on the stove
A surprise package in the mail
A beautiful new journal
The sweetest bloggy friends
Being prepared for the storm
Watching snow and sleet fall outside
Everyone making it home safe and sound
Falling asleep to the sound of freezing rain




post signature

4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely heartfelt post. Pleased you're inside safe from the storm.

    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, lovely post. I always love what others are thankful for. Makes me stop and think about what I'm thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might have taken you 3 tries but once you got to it it was worth reading every word. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening, Beckey! Thank you for sharing this lovely post at Roses of Inspiration. We have so much to be thankful for and reading your thoughts has reminded me to give thanks for all things :) I hope you join us again next Tuesday. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!