Wednesday, May 27, 2015

When You Might Be Turning Into A Hermit

I think I might have missed my calling as a hermit...

Photo: publicdomainpictures.net

I mostly keep to myself these days.  Not much socializing going on around this gal - unless you count group texts with my sisters, occasionally going to the craft store  with the female offspring, or grocery shopping with the Man of the house "socializing".  And the thing is, except for a few rare instances when I start wondering if this isolation from society is a bad thing and maybe I need to force myself to join a book club or something, I am pretty much OK with it.

I have dreams of moving to some mountainside or valley cove (as we call them around here a "holler") with a few acre of land, a tiny house and some chickens.  The sort of place where you go into town to do the shopping. And better be sure you get everything you might need until the next trip because there's no such thing as a 'quick trip to the store'.

There's also the idea of moving to some remote Alaskan village where the population in winter is about the same, or smaller, as the enrollment of the local high school where we live now.  Or off to England for a year - where nobody knows us.

I even came to realize that my favorite types of weather...  foggy, rainy days and snow - are exactly the kind which encourage a person to stay home!  Which is one thing I love about it.  Staying tucked inside, warm and dry with a cup of coffee, a good book or two, and my latest crochet project.

I'm not ready to go off the grid completely.  I need to be somewhere I can make a semi regular trip to the craft or yarn store.  And a library.


post signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm very much an introvert. Sometimes even being at church overwhelms me! I know exactly what you're talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have days like that. Especially because my job puts me around people every day. A little enforced isolation is good for rebooting the soul. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!