Friday, February 12, 2016

The Week That Was

Here we are at Friday.  And to be completely honest with you - I have no idea how that happened.  No wait...  I mean, of course I know how that happened in a logical sense.  First it was Sunday evening,  then Monday and one day follows another, then...  BAM!  It's Friday.  Just like that.  But HOW did all that happen so fast?  That's what I don't get.

Sunday was, of course, Super Bowl Sunday.  And after what can only be described as an Ah-Ma-Zing  season, the Carolina Panthers were one game away from the big trophy.  Sadly, it was not to be.  And that's all I have to say about that.  The pain is still too fresh.

It seemed as if everyone around us was getting snowed upon this week; but all we saw was a bunch of flurries.  It's still at it this morning.  Or, it was...

The grand baby had a bout of the stomach flu mid-week.  I've never seen the little guy so sick.  But fortunately it was a brief 24 hour thing.  And no one else in the family has fallen ill.



Other than that, it was a quiet week.  No blizzards, hot water incidents, or flooding to deal with.  Thank goodness!

The Man of the House and I have plans tomorrow for an early Valentine's treat.  We plan to take advantage of our annual passes and visit the Biltmore Estate.  However, seeing that weather forecast has the high temperature as 26 degrees tomorrow, we are questioning the wisdom of that right now.  If we stick with the plan we might have the whole place to ourselves!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Yes, these weeks pass by in a blur, don't they?
    Glad the little one is on the mend.
    So hard when the precious littles are sick.
    Have a happy Valentines Day!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you enjoy your weekend! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There will probably be a lot of others think the weather might keep people away and there'll be a crowd. That would be what would happen to me. 😉 Glad your grand boy is feeling better...and hope you all don't still get it. We have snow...and more predicted for Sunday night. I'm REALLY ready for spring!!! Happy Valentine's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the Biltmore Estate...I am glad the little guy is feeling better. We are snowed under here and temps are hovering at MINUS 23 here. Have a beautiful day, regardless of the weather. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!