Thursday, April 7, 2016

Then it was a week and a half later...

Things were going pretty smoothly there for about a week or two.  I had a bit of a routine going and blog posts were flowing semi-regularly.  Then spring break arrived.  And well... nothing much got accomplished.

I'm not sure how I always fool myself into thinking it's going to be so much easier during school breaks and how I'm going to get oh-so-much done when everyone isn't running around in all different directions.  Because the truth is, if they aren't running off in different directions - they're here.  Which means I am continually allowing myself to get distracted by what they're doing right here in front of me.

Please don't think I'm blaming the offspring for my lack of productivity.  That's all on me.  Sometimes I think I have more than a touch of the ADD.  Or maybe I am just the Queen of Procrastination.  Or may I'm just a little lazy.  Whatever.  It is what it is...

It's not like I've been doing absolutely nothing for almost two weeks:

I'm working on some big orders for my Etsy shop.

I've been spending time with the grand. We're enjoying the warmer days by eating lunch on the back porch and playing outside whenever we can.



We also had more fun than we probably should have making Powerpuffs of ourselves.

Powerpuff Girl Me

Powerpuff Guy Grand baby  

I have made a half-hearted attempt at Spring cleaning the kitchen.

We went to a ceremony where the female offspring received the academic award for her degree program.


So, as you can see - things are happening.  With more to come.  The Man of the House and I have a hiking date at Biltmore planned for this month.  Sunday officially marks 2 months until the male offspring graduates from high school.  Summer is coming.

Lots and lots to write about.  But, if you don't hear from me for awhile - it's probably because I got distracted by the grand baby making silly faces or something like that.



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy!!!
    So many happy things. : )
    And I love the Power Puff Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is what happens....and you're enjoying it!!! 😉

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!