Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Knoxville Getaway

The Man of the House and I have a habit of planning our Valentine date on a day other than February 14th.  This saves us from having to fight the crowds for a table at a restaurant and keeps things a little more personal for us. 

This year we waited until the weekend after Valentine's Day and decided to get away for the night.  We thought about some of our usual haunts - the Biltmore Estate, Gatlinburg, etc.  Then the Man of the House suggested driving up to Knoxville, Tennessee since we've never really been there before other than taking the kids up to the zoo once several years ago.

He found us a nice hotel right downtown beside World's Fair Park and within walking distance of well... a lot!  We arrived early Saturday evening and spent the whole day Sunday.

we had brunch at The French Market.  The Man of the House enjoyed an omelette, while I tamed my sweet tooth with a delicious Nutella crepe.  Yum!


It was a beautiful weekend to just stroll around town and explore.  Sunday started overcast, but quickly cleared up with temperatures in the 60's. And walk we did!!

Knoxville has a nice little Veteran's Memorial located at one end of World's Fair Park.



We went up into the Sunsphere, which was originally built for the 1982 World's Fair.  Great views of Knoxville!


There were several musical groups playing in Market Square. And people out enjoying the music and the sunshine.




Surprisingly,  I didn't take many photos on this trip - just enjoyed the time with my sweet hubby. 

Conclusion:  Knoxville is a nice quiet college town.  Perfect for a day trip and a little exploring. 

3 comments:

  1. You were like less than 30 minutes from me... so close yet so far away! Glad you had a good day away. I need to plan something like this with my hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought of you when we passed the exit for your town! :0)

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!