Friday, September 2, 2022

Currently: September 2022

August was SUCH a great month!  

Last month got off to a beautiful start when we were told that grandbaby #2 is expected to make an appearance early next year.  Y'all know that I adore being Oma - and now I'll have another grandkid to love on and spoil! 

The Man of the House and I did a little traveling in August. He had a conference for work in Washington, DC. I tagged along and did a little solo sightseeing until his conference let out for the day when we could explore the city together. I adore wandering around museums, so all the different ones available in Washington made me feel like a kid in a candy store. 

We also made a weekend trip to Nashville, Tennessee to catch the Titans playing an NFL preseason game against the Arizona Cardinals. We have a goal to watch a professional football game at every stadium. We made it to two in 2019 before having to take a break for a couple of years (thanks Covid). Oh, how much I have missed watching games in person! We explored Nashville some while we were there.  Downtown has very much a "party city" feel to it. But there's also lots of history and interesting things to see.  Who knew that Nashville has a full-size replica of the Parthenon? I sure didn't!

In fact, after all the joy, fun, and excitement of August  -  I'm kind of sorry to see it come to an end. But, I am equally excited to see what September has in store!

Working On: Planning for the last three months of the year.  I've got to get my Etsy shop ready for the holiday season.  We have got a big trip planned for later this year, so we're working on plans and the itinerary for each city we'll be visiting. 

Celebrating: This month is my youngest nephew's birthday. Football season starts.  And I'm very excited that I get to see my baby sister and hang out some this month!

Wanting/Needing: Is it too much to ask to find a cute pair of boots that are waterproof and comfortable for lots of walking? Preferably ones that don't cost a small fortune?  I certainly didn't think it would be so difficult. 

Eating: Recently, I have been eating a lot of oatmeal for breakfast.  I have it with protein powder, hemp seeds (for fiber and more protein), walnuts, berries, and a sprinkle of oatmeal. Delicious and packed with nutrition. 

Loving: That it's September!  Fall is almost here.  Football season is starting.  Soon the leaves will be changing and the air will be cooler.  I love everything about fall.

September Goals:

  • Post new lip balm holders to the Etsy shop
  • Create Thankful and Sunday post templates for the 4th quarter
  • Set goals for the 4th quarter
  • Clean out the spice cabinet
  • Clean out pantry


 




1 comment:

  1. Hi Becky it's just James Goodwin here, I just wanted to ask if you could pass along my felicitations to your family on the great news. If that's not inappropriate, that is, or just as long as it's generally OK. I'm sorry if this is creepy but I can't hear about Calvin any other way than your social media, and my photos are so old and he's just so fascinating to hear about... but if you'd prefer I will promise to stop reading. In any case I do wish you all well, and hope you have a lovely year's end. I hope this is not an inconvenience or otherwise horribly unwelcome but I understand if it is and obviously like I said, I will respect your judgment.
    Apologies for the wall of text and the overall awkwardness of this, again. I just don't know how else to. Have a blessed day and thank you for your time 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!