Monday, October 2, 2023

Hello, October

 Welcome to October!  We have officially moved into my favorite months of the year. And also the busiest months of the year. 

This month we'll be celebrating my husband's birthday. It's next weekend, as a matter of fact. Which means I should get my rear in gear to finalize birthday celebration plans

As of yesterday, I put my Etsy shop on vacation for at least the rest of the year. This was not an easy decision, but I feel it is the right one at this time. Recently, the running of the Etsy shop has become more of a stress instead of something I enjoy. I need time to rediscover my love for crochet and work on some personal projects, as well as to explore some new hobbies. I don't know if this break will be permanent or if I will return after the first of the year, perhaps with new products and a little rebranding. We'll just have to see where the next three months lead me.

Last month, I had just the most wonderful trip to Canada to meet some relatives. There were some stressful hiccups as I headed back to the states, but all's well that ends well, as they say. And it wasn't enough to deter me from looking forward to some future travels planned for this fall.  

October is considered "spooky season". And that means my October reading list has some spine-tingling books to match the mood of the month.  The list includes: "The Woman in Black" by Susan Hill, " The Southern Book Club's Guide to Vampire Hunting" by Grady Hendrix, and "The Girl in Cabin 13" by A. J. Rivers. 

Goals for Oxtober:

  • Decorate for Autumn during first week of month
  • Make Halloween costumes for dogs by October 19
  • Have family birthday dinner for my husband
  • Take boxes in craft room to Goodwill by October 15
What are your plans for October?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!