Wednesday, July 31, 2024

July Wrap-Up

July was not the month I was hoping or expecting it to be.  

I was thinking of a month filled with a few hikes, some long walks with the dogs, and a cookout or two. What I got was thunderstorms, trips to the urgent care, doctor appointments, and more doctor appointments.

The month started off well enough.   Our 4th of July "celebration" was small, quiet, and low-key.  Just us, the kids, and grandkids.  The Man of the House grilled some ribs. (Delicious!) And we indulged in some s'mores.  It was lovely.

I got to spend a few days each week with the oldest grandson.  And we celebrated our daughter's birthday this month with her family.  Those are some bright points in the month since any day spend with my kids and/or grandkids is a good day in my book! 

Then things got complicated.   I was already scheduled for my long-awaited endoscopy this month.  But before I could even get to that appointment I had an entirely new medical situation occur.

One morning after playing a little indoor fetch with the doggos, as I stood up and turned to walk into the other room - I felt a "pop" in my knee.  And as I continued to (try to) walk into the dining room, I realized something was definitely wrong.  I couldn't walk without excruciating pain in my right knee.  In tears, I told the Man of the House that I couldn't walk and probably needed to go to urgent care.  While getting dressed and waiting for the office to open, I felt another, smaller popping sensation and at that point the worst of the pain subsided.  Throughout the pmorning, the knee continued to ache with regular flares of pain that lit up the knee.  A trip to urgent care left me with a knee brace and a referral to orthopedics.  That appointment was scheduled quickly and the doctor suspects a torn meniscus. I have an appointment for an MRI in August.

The endoscopy went well. No complications or surprises.  They saw no areas of major concern. They took a few biopsies to check things out, but everything came back clear so far.  It's good to know there's anything too scary going on in there.

And that's July in a nutshell.  How was your month?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!