Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Currently... September 2020

 Yes!!  September has arrived!  And fall is peeking around the corner.  I don't know about y'all, but I am so over this summer and ready to move on into the autumn of this year.  In some ways this year is feeling as if it's flying by - as most years seem to do for me recently.  But in so many other ways it has been the longest year in the history of ever! 

Of course, fall is my favorite time of year - so I always anticipate and welcome it under even the very best of circumstances.   

Working On:  We've been working on some yard work. Landscaping an area in the front of the house.  We put in a walkway from the front porch over to the stairs that lead to the driveway at the side of the house.  Clearing out some over grown shrubs and vines on the side near the chimney.  The clearing is almost done, and we are to a point with the landscaping where we're ready to spread a bunch of mulch and start some planting and replanting.   

Celebrating:  September brings Labor Day.  Which usually means the Apple Festival here in town.  But... Covid-19. So...  It's also my youngest nephew's birthday.  And my dad is getting married!  It's just going to be a small civil ceremony, because - you know... Covid-19. 

Reading: I have a pretty big to-read stack for this month.  Because for some reason, no matter how long the wait list is - all my holds seem to become available at the same time.  September's list includes: The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes, The Red Lotus by Chris Bohjalian, The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware, and Very, Very, Very Dreadful by Albert Marrin

Loving:  My hairs.  My curls have suddenly found a whole new spring in thier coils and it's bonkers!  I don't think I've ever had this much actual curl to my wavy/curly hair before.  I don't know if it's the humidity we've had this August, the products I'm using, this cut, or WHAT.  But I'm not hating it! There's also a lot of halo frizz happening, but nothing I can't live with on most days.  

Wanting/Needing:  A good moisturizer that I don't have to pay an arm and a leg for.  I'm getting super serious about my skin care routine.  Something I wish I had done in my 20s.  Or at least by my 30s.  But alas, I was a slacker who often slept in her makeup and now I'm paying the price and trying to play catchup a little.

 I was using the Olay Regenerist Whip fragrance free, and ,I liked that.  It felt nice and moisturizing on my skin, but light.  Then when I needed more, I couldn't in find the whip, so I got the regular formula - but it feels heavy on my skin and leaves me feeling a little greasy.  Which I don't like.  So, I'm on the prowl for a new one.  In my case, this involves reading about 2 bagillion articles with titles such as "The Best Anti-Aging Moisturizers for Sensitive Skin" and then searching and reading reviews on every single one of them. 

Dreaming About: Fall days.  Cooler weather.  Autumn leaves.  Wearing my boots again.  And Pumpkin spice everything.  

September Goals:

  • Be intentional about following skincare routine 
  • One week sugar detox (that I didn't do last mo socinth)
  • Get back into nail care routine
  • Create blog schedule for October
  • Create graphics for October Thankful posts
  • Create and schedule Sunday posts for October
  • Increase Etsy sales
  • Add at least 5 new listings to Etsy shop
  • Schedule October social media posts for shop

What is your September going to look like this year?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!