Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Welcome Autumn!

 It's here!  It's finally here!  After what has seemed to be the longest, morst stress inducing Spring and Summer in recent history - we have at long last come to the first day of Autumn.  I know some of you are out there lamenting the end of Summer.  But that's not me!  Fall is always my favorite time of the year.  And that goes extra for this year.




I have been decorating for the season.  Putting out all my pumpkins, autumn leaves and scented candles. I'm especially pleased with the Autumn look for my coffee center in the kitchen/dining room.  




The Man of the House and I took advantage of the last weekend of Summer to drive up to Paint Rock. The rock sits just outside of Hot Springs, North Carolina where Paint Creek meets the French Broad River.  It's a beautiful spot.  And the area holds special meaning for us, since in his genealogical research the Man of the House found evidence that his family lived in this area in the late 1800 and early 1900s.  





It was a perfect day for getting outdoors.  Cool, but not chilly.  A nice mix of sun and clouds.  And the area was not crowded at all, so we didn't have to worry about social distancing or wearing our masks or anything.  It was lovely to get out and feel completely normal for a few hours. 




Even little Max enjoyed the adventure.  I was nervous how he would do around the river, but he was quite curious about exploring.  That has me looking forward to do some light hiking and nature walks as the leaves begin to change colors for the fall. 

Do you have plans for this Autumn?  What are your favorite fall activities?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!