Monday, November 2, 2020

Currently... November 2020

 Happy Birthday to Me!  Ok.. it was yesterday.  But I am all for celebrating beyond just one day! 

October was some kind of a month.  We had a new pup with some tummy issues that caused several sleepless nights at the beginning of the month.  He's all straightened out now and seems to have put on a little bit of weight - although he's still a lightweight little thing.  

The Man of the House had to be tested for Covid after a potential exposure at work.  Thankfully, his test was negative.  But it gave me a couple of anxious days until he was able to get in to be tested. 

And the month ended with a tropical storm sweeping through.  Not exactly a common occurrence here in western North Carolina!  Last Wednesday night Zeta brought us heavy rains and tropical-storm-force winds.  A lot of roads were flooded and many people lost power.  We were blessed to keep power throughout and had no damage.

Here's hoping that November is a little more quiet and relaxed.




Working On:  It's time to get ready for the big holiday season!  I'm trying to finish up some new gift sets for my Etsy shop and get them listed.  I'm pretty excited about what's coming.


Reading: Beheld by TaraShea Nesbit and  All You Need Is Less by Madeleine Somerville.  The grandkid and I have been reading Fablehaven by Brandon Mull.  Next, we'll read either Dr. Doolittle or Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing.  I'm secretly rooting for the second one - it was a favorite of mine when I was a kid and introduced me to the world of Judy Blume.


Celebrating: November is always a busy month around here.  It kicks off with my birthday on the first.  We celebrate our wedding anniversary on the 21st.  And of course, there's Thanksgiving.  This year we also have two puppy birthdays - Ziggy's is the 4th and Max's is the 9th.  (Yes, apparently I am one of those kinds of people now)


Loving:  This Autumn has been just lovely.  We had beautiful fall colors (as we usually do) and the weather has mostly been glorious!  (except for the recent storm)  


Wanting/Needing:   I need some recommendations for a good devotional/Bible study book.  I enjoy the YouVersion Bible app for my daily quiet time, but I would like to do something a little different for the Christmas season, or the beginning of next year.


Dreaming About:  The upcoming holiday season and moving on to a new year.  2020 has been a tough year for all of us and I'm praying that 2021 finds all of us feeling more optimistic and being kinder to one another. 


November Goals:

  • Complete November Gratitude Challenge
  • Schedule one "self-care" day per week
  • Increase water intake
  • Finish most Christmas shopping by December 1st
  • Create December blogging schedule
  • Create December graphics for blog
  • Create gift set listings for Etsy shop
  • Schedule Before Black Friday sale for the shop

What does your November look like?  Do you have any goals for the month?

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!

    My November is very busy. Lots of events at work, including our Thanksgiving Outreach which will be drive-through this year. I find myself cleaning out closets and drawers lately. I'm just ready to be rid of stuff.

    Good news that your puppy is better and your husband didn't have covid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!