Monday, January 2, 2023

January 2023

Happy New Year!  Welcome to 2023!

For me, there's something extra special when a new year, a new month, and a new week all start at the same time. It's like the ultimate "fresh start". Just me? That's ok. I said it, and I don't regret it.

I don't know about you, but I am so excited for 2022.  The Man of the House and I are already floating some ideas for trips we'd like to take this year. We will be keeping our travels within the states this year while probably planning for another bigger trip next year. And our new grandbaby is due this winter.  Obviously, I can't wait to meet him! 

Speaking of grandchildren - January will find us celebrating Grandson #1's birthday. I can hardly believe that he is going to be 11. He's getting so big.  He's already almost as tall as I am! 

I received a small embroidery machine for Christmas. I am looking forward to learning how to use it and making some fun new thing.  Embroidered burp cloths, bibs, and blankets for Grandson #2?  Definitely!  I also have some ideas for items to compliment the crocheted pieces I sell in my Etsy shop.

I have created myself a reading list for January.  This is something I plan to do for each month this year. My list for January is: The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield, The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab, and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. I also hope to be able to finish The Next Right Thing by Emily P Freeman just as soon as I can get it from the library again. (My loan expired and someone else had put a hold in it so I couldn't renew it).

January is typically a month for purging the old and trying to get organized.  I'm no different when it comes to this. I'm back at it - working to decorate and organize my home office and create a pleasant workspace for myself. I also have some projects planned for the dining room.

My goals for the month include:

  • File sales taxes for shop by January 10
  • Put away all Christmas decor
  • Create a pleasant workspace
  • Create a plan with the Man of the House to take at least 2 trips this year
  • Create some items for the grandkids while learning to use my new embroidery machine 
  • Read at least 3 books

What are your plans for January?







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!