Friday, June 30, 2023

So Long, June

 Since I never got around to writing a June post at the beginning of the month, I thought I would take a brief moment to recap the month as it winds to a close. It's been a busy month. Certainly busier than I anticipated when it started.  


June was a month of birthdays, Father's Day, and fun.  We took walks. We cooked out (ok... the Man of the House cooked out - I enjoyed what he cooked). We planned a trip for later this summer.

We got some bumps and bruises.  The Man has been bee-stung every single weekend as he mowed.  For some reason the ground nesting bees are loving our yard this year!  I ended up with marks where the dogs were playing in their walk and ran around me - essentially leash whipping my ankles. I bruised my bicep when I managed to hit myself with the refrigerator door. And I gave myself a rash of lovely petechiae inside my elbow from trying to carry too many heavy shopping bags in from the car.

I finally finished storing away my winter clothes. They've been out of the closet sitting in a pile in the bedroom since May, but every time I thought about packing them up - it would get chilly again. Or I would forget. 

I didn't have a set reading list for June. I decided that for this month, I would must read whatever struck my fancy. Or whatever hold became available at the library.  I ended up reading "Lessons in Chemistry" by Bonnie Garmus, "King's Mountain" by Sharon McCrumb, and "Dust" by Kara Swanson. I've also been reading "The Menopause Manifesto" by Dr Jen Gunter in bits here and there.

So, that was June. A lot of good. A little bit frustrating at times. A little surprising. But over all, a good month.

How was your June? Are you ready for the second half of 2023?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!