Monday, January 8, 2024

Not One Word for 2024

 It has become common for many people to select a word for the year.  A word to set the tone or to be the focus for the year.  I have done this for many years.

Not this year.

Here's the thing....

Last year, my one word was Explore.  In that spirit, I decided to select a different word to explore for each month.  And I enjoyed that.  A lot.  I liked having a new focus for each month of the year. It kept things fresh and interesting.  Which is why as 2023 rolled to its conclusion, I decided rather than having one word for the entire year, I would have One Word for each month of 2024! 

My One Word for January is Begin.

It almost feels a little too obvious.  But, it also feels incredibly appropriate.  January is the start of a whole new year.  It's a month meant for new beginnings and fresh starts. 

After having my Etsy shop on vacation for the final quarter of the year, I made the difficult decision to leave it there.  So, business-wise, this year is a new beginning for me.  I'm not entirely sure where this new path is going to lead, but I'm ready for wherever it takes me.

In light of that upcoming new beginning, I have begun to sort through my home office. I am slowly transitioning from office to a craft room. 

I am beginning a new focus on my health.  I am dedicated to moving more often. In January, I begin to work my way up to doing some exercise/movement five days a week. I am beginning to pay less attention to the numbers in the scale and more to the numbers on my lab results. I am especially beginning to pay closer attention to how I feel. I know that I am now at an age where it's more important than ever to take care of my body so that I can keep doing the things I want to do for years to come.

This year I plan to begin actively cultivate even more joy in my life. I will seek out activities, situations, and people that enrich my life and bring me happiness.  I will probably also need to begin eliminating some things that cause stress, anxiety, or unhappiness.

So, there it is. January is my month to Begin.

What about you? Do you have a word for 2024, or for the month of January?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!