Monday, June 3, 2024

Welcome to June

I enjoy the month of June.  It marks the beginning of summer. It's hot - but usually not the kind of heat and humidity that we experience in July and August.  The days stretch out well into the evening hours. The lightening bugs reappear from where ever it is they've been hiding all winter, giving us a little show right after dusk every evening.

June is a quiet month. Lazy, even.  It's a month that invites picnics, cookouts, and long walks with the dogs. It calls for open windows to welcome the morning breeze. And it provides time with my grandson while school is on summer break. 

The only book that is definitely on my reading list for June is "Killing Floor" by Lee Child for book club.  It's another book I probably never would have chosen for myself.  But, there are a couple of ladies in the group who are apparently HUGE "Reacher" fans, and they talked the librarian into adding it to our reading schedule. Other than that, I'm just going to pull a few things from my To-Be-Read pile and see where that leads me.

My word for June is Flourish.  Over the last couple of months,  I have often felt like I have been floundering. This month I am striving to shake off the dust and truly make the most of midlife.  We'll talk more about that in week or two.  

My Goals for June:

  • Complete the top I am crocheting 
  • Clean out and reorganize linen closet 
  • Clean out and reorganize medicine cabinet
  • Journal every day 
  • Meditate three days per week 
What are your goals and/or plans for June?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!