Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Favorite Addiction

It's that time of year again.  Spring is about to, well... spring.  Easter is right around the corner.  And that old craving is back.  I try to be strong.  To resist.  But how can I?  Every time I enter a store they are right there in front of me.  Tempting me.  Taunting me.  Silently whispering sweet nothings to me from across the aisle.

Darn jellybeans...



Yeh, you heard me.  Jellybeans. AKA jelly eggs. Those chewy little morsels of tastiness.  Yes, I know they are pure sugar.  And oh so very bad for me and my waistline.  But dog-gone it... I can't resist them!  

What the attraction is, I can't exactly say.  Is it that cute little sized bean shape?  The chewiness?  The bright colors?  The sweet, spicy, or tart flavors?  I can't pin point it to anyone thing.  I just love them.

Of course the classic jellybeans are plenty good enough.  Which is inexplicable in and of itself.  They all seem to taste the same no matter the flavor color.  They are pretty much nothing but chewy sugar.  But oh... what wonderful chewy sugar they are.

And it just gets better from there!  There are the "spice" beans.  The multitude of flavors offered by that reigning ruler of the jellybean world: Jelly Belly.   And all the others that have hopped on the jelly bean bandwagon. Most recent varieties include the Starburst jellybean, and the SweetTart jellybean.  (ooooh... the SweetTart jellybean... mmmmmm...) 

I feel I must at this time take the opportunity to confess that not a year goes by when I don't pre-purchase several bags of jellybeans well before Easter Sunday to have for that little bunny fellow to put in Easter baskets - only to have to replace all bags before the big day rolls around.  I also must confess to have eaten many of those bags all by myself.  I admit it.  I have a self control problem when it comes to the jellybeans. 

Fortunately for me, there is not a 12 step program related to Easter confection addictions.

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! Love jelly beans...all but the orange ones, of course lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can pass all the orange ones my way! LOL

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!