Friday, July 22, 2011

Face on Fire

I'm not sure how it happened, but I am not happy about it.  I've gotten into something that my body does not agree with.  To be more specific - my face does not agree with whatever-it-is.  So, whatever-it-is has managed to set my face aflame. 

I have an eczema type rash covering much of my face, including my forehead, eyelids, right cheek, and jaw. This absolute loveliness even extends down the right side of my neck.   My eyelids (upper and lower) are swollen and even appear slightly bruised.  Oh yeah, as you can imagine... I'm looking gorgeous.  Not.  I'm like a cross between the elephant man and the losing boxer in a prize fight.



Is there a worse place to develop a red, itchy, swollen rash than the face?  Perhaps... but right now I can't believe that's possible.   Rashes in other places can be hidden by clothing and accessories.  Not this one.  It's right out front and center for the world to see.  And it itches like crazy! 

I'm sure it's the result of some sort of allergic reaction.  I'm not using any new face products or makeup.  I haven't eaten anything unusual or different.  My best guess is something in the garden.  Although I can't quite figure why the rash is only on my face and not my arms or legs.  Quite a mystery there. 

So, after 2 days of being doped up on benedryl, endless layers of Eucerin creme lotion, vitamin E oil, and even an oatmeal bath - I'm off to the Dr this afternoon.  I feel pretty sure there is some Prednisone in my immediate future.  Which I am also not happy about since I know how that particular medication makes me feel.  But that's another story.   Right now I just want the rash gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!