Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Bzz-ing about Hill's(R) Science Diet(R) Senior 11+ Age Defying(TM) Cat Food

*Disclaimer: I am a BzzAgent (http://www.bzzagent.com/) and received a coupon for a free bag of Hill's(R) Science Diet(R) Senior 11+ Age Defying(TM) Cat Food as part of my participation in a BzzCampaign.  The opinions expressed are my own*


Our cat is an old man.  And he acts like it.  He's grumpy.  He wants to be left alone.  He finds a comfy spot and usually doesn't move for most of the day, unless he is looking for something to eat or making a trip to the litter box.  Or finding an even more comfy spot.  He is what I would call a "kitty couch potato".

So when I got the chance to join the BzzCampaign for Hill's(R) Science Diet(R) Senior 11+ Age Defying(TM) Cat Food, I jumped at the chance to sign up.  Despite the fact that I was skeptical about the claims made about the cat food.

I could buy into the health claims.  Small kibble which is easier for an older cat to chew and swallow - sure.  Amino Acids for healthy organs, fish oil for cognitive function, phosphorus for bladder health - OK.  But that it would help increase his interaction with his humans?  C'mon.  How is a food going to change that?

The first changes I saw in him was right at the food bowl.  This is a cat that used to, well.. trudge... to the food bowl.  And wait mostly patiently to be fed.  Suddenly he was (dare I say?) hurrying to his bowl.  And meowing at me to "hurry, hurry, hurry" to fill it!  He was just as eager to eat as our younger cats, who are usually climbing over each other to get to their bowls!

He also seems be slightly more active during the day.  Oh sure, he still sleeps for a big part of each day.  And he still has his favorite comfy spot.  But he is actually spotted walking around the house, and even sitting looking out the sliding door or in the middle of the living room now.  It's not a huge difference.  And he's not running around playing or anything.  But for him, it's an improvement!

Perhaps the most amazing change I am seeing is that he actually IS seeking out attention on occasion.  He has come up to one of his humans and cried to get our attention.  Or pounded his head against our ankle or shin until we petted him. 

I have to admit, so far I am impressed with this food and the affect it has had on our older cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!