Wednesday, October 18, 2017

This and That and a Few Other Things

Ever feel like you have a LOT to say, then when the time comes to actually say it...  crickets... ? 

No?  Just me?  C'mon now.  I know I can't be the only one.  Well, whether I'm one in a million - or not - that's me recently.  I always think I have so very much to write about until I sit down at the computer with a blank post screen in front of me.

We've been doing a hike pretty much every Saturday this month.  And I'm loving it!

Weekend before last we went up to Max Patch.  The Male Offspring even went with us!  If you've never been, let me just warn you - it is quite a climb up to the top!  And this ol' asthmatic gal was huffing and puffing most of the way.  Be prepared.  I can assure you, however - that it is WELL worth the work!  It is amazingly beautiful!  They said we would have 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains.  We were not disappointed!  Words simply do not do it justice.






Afterward, because it was the Man of the House's birthday weekend - we went to listen to some live music, eat dinner and relax for a while at Sierra Nevada Brewing.  (hint: try the Hop and Sour!)Followed by dessert at Baked Pie Company.

This past weekend the Man of the House and I stayed a little closer to home.  We started at the Hard Times Loop Trail head, walked down the NC Arboretum property, down Bent Creek Trail and back.  That's a nice easy hike if you're looking for one in the area.



In other news...

We got a new fridge.  The old one was about 24 years old.  I know!!  Can you believe it?  But it just kept chugging along.  Recently it started freezing a lot of items in the fridge area, so when we saw a good deal on one in the Lowe's clearance area we snapped it up.

I made a cute little no-sew valance for my dining room using Pioneer Woman napkins I picked up at the Walmart.

And my mantel is finally FALLified  (sure, that's a word)


I think  that's about all I have to say for now.  Although I'll probably think of about a dozen more things once I shut down the computer. 

How's life been treating you so far this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!