Monday, April 2, 2018

Currently... April 2018

April has arrived!  Easter is being us. The  days are getting longer. The weather is getting warmer.  The boys of summer are back at the ball field.  It's time to sweep out the cobwebs of winter and welcome in the fresh air of springtime.





Reading:  I just finished The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin.  Which was just OK.  It has so much promise, but the story never really went anywhere.  Now I am on to Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood.  I am eager to watch the miniseries now showing on Netflix, but decided I should read the book first.  I am also reading/studying my way through The One Thing by Gary Keller.


Enjoying:  Watching "Call the Midwife".  I know... I'm late to the game on this one.  I've seen a random episode here an there, but finally made the decision to sit down and watch all the series available on Netflix.  After one or two episodes I was completely hooked.  I also kind of want to move to England just so I can meet and become best friends with Miranda Hart.  (Which I am aware sounds a teeny bit stalker-ish. I promise it's not... )   

Working On:  Trying to create some healthier meal plans.  Now that the weather is finally warming, I'm starting to think toward some lighter dinners to match the season. If any of you have favorite recipes you'd like to suggest - I would love to hear them!

Anticipating:  I'm still waiting on some good hiking weather  With the exception of this past Easter weekend, every single weekend in March seemed to be either cold or rainy.   I'm eagerly awaiting more warm and sunny weekends, so the Man of the House and I can get out there and hit some trails!  I want to do more than just look at the cute hiking shoes I received for Christmas!


Feeling:  As if there just aren't enough hours in the days.  Or days in the weeks.  This leaves me feeling "antsy".  And maybe a little overwhelmed also.  There are so many tasks and projects I want and need to do right now.  None of which seem to be getting accomplished.  Which is probably what caused me to gravitate to the book by Gary Keller mentioned above.

What about you?  How is your April looking so far?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!