Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Currently... October 2018

Hooray for October!!  In my humble opinion, October might just be the best month of the year.  And not just because it's the birth month of my very favorite human. 

I sometimes feel as if October is the unofficial start of the holiday season in our house.  It all kicks off with the Man of the House's birthday next week and from there it's a quick progression through Halloween right on into November with my birthday, our anniversary, Thanksgiving, and then Christmas.

There's also just something special about October.  The sky seems bluer.  The air smells crisper.  Pumpkin spice everything is back in the store, and (most importantly) my coffee.  And if you don't like pumpkin - there's apple!  The leaves change their colors, putting on a beautiful art show for all of us.  

I mean... what's not to love about October?




Reading:  The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.  I've heard a lot of good things about this book.  And I like that it's a historical fiction based on two real-life sisters.  The Grimke' Sisters were before their time when it came to their beliefs about abolition and women's rights.  Unusual in their day and age, especially considering they were born and raised in Charleston, SC.  

I am also reading Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis.  If you have spent much time on social media recently, you've probably seen someone mention this book.  I put my name on the wait list at the library for this book a couple of months ago.  As of last week, I was number 417 in line for one of 12 copies.  Yikes!!  At that rate, I decided if I wanted to read it anytime soon, I should probably just spend the $20 and buy it already!  

Enjoying:  Autumn.  Every day when I look out my back yard, I can see just a little more yellow popping up in the trees behind the house. Which means that reds, oranges, and rusts can't bee too far behind.  And it is just lovely to feel the cool evening breezes we are now experiencing.  

Working On: Getting my Etsy shop ready for the holiday season.  During September, I had every intention of creating some Christmas themed items.  However, the month turned out to be one of my busiest months ever which meant I never had the opportunity to work on the things I had originally scheduled.  Once I complete the orders I have now, I hope to get a few holiday items completed and listed before November arrives.  

Anticipating:   Did you see that long list I created up there of all the great October things and upcoming holiday?  All of that!!

Wanting:  To plan a weekend drive or hike up into the mountains to enjoy the fall colors.   I am fortunate to live in a part of the country where fall puts on one it's most beautiful displays.   Not to mention access to the Blue Ridge Parkway, numerous state and national parks, and some amazing hiking trails. 

Needing:  About 12 more hours in every day.  But doesn't that always seem as if it's the case?  There's always just so many things that need done, and that I want to do.  

Feeling:  Not great.  I haven't been feeling well since the end of last week.  It started with sinus congestion and a sore throat.  The sinus stuff has mostly cleared up, but the sore throat continues.  It doesn't really feel like the sore throats I have been used to in the past when I have had strep or tonsillitis.  And I'm not running a fever or anything.  It is disrupting my sleep, so I am also feeling tired. I guess if it's not better in another day or two, I will go to the doctor.  

What are you currently up to as we head into October?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!