Friday, January 3, 2020

Currently... January 2020

Happy New Year, y'all!!   I don't know about you, but for me there's something extra special about a January 1st that brings not just a new year - but a whole new decade.  I am so excited to see what 2020 has in store, as well as what the next ten years hold for me!




Working On:  I'm making plans and setting goals based on my One Word for 2020, which is "Intentional" (we'll unpack that in an upcoming post)

Reading:  The Last Romantics by Tara Conklin and 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think by Laura Vanderkam.  Next up I have The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern and The Fringe Hours by Jessica N Turner checkout from the library and ready to go.

One of the things I received for Christmas was a book light.  I do most of my reading these days on the Kindle.  Nothing wrong with that!  The digital books from my public library are so easy to access and no late fees.  But I would like to get back to reading more physical books.  However, I don't like having my lamp on when I read before falling asleep.  I'm looking forward to using my new light for this purpose.

Loving:  My new dachshund puppy, Max.   I'm not gonna lie - I'm a little bit obsessed with him!  I can't help it.  He is the cutest little thing.  I adore his little face and his stubborn little personality.  He makes me laugh every day.

Celebrating:  No birthdays or holidays this month.  But my youngest sister is coming to visit me this month.  That's worth celebrating!

Wanting/Needing:  I have let my healthy eating slide during the holidays and it is time to get back on the program.  Fortunately, I didn't gain back much weight.  But, I know that if I don't get it under control now the pounds will keep creeping up.  Time to get back on track! 

Dreaming About:  Snow.  I love a snow day.  But we've had mild temperatures so far this winter.  Even the few days that there was snow in the area, I never saw a flake here at the house.  Hopefully I'll get to see a little of the white stuff soon.

January Goals:
  1. Weight dropped below the next decade mark
  2. Scheduled a trip to Texas for the spring
  3. Attended a Knit/Crochet group
  4. Wrote 1 newsletter email for Etsy shop
  5. Received 20 new orders
  6. Scheduled Pinterest posts for Etsy shop to publish during Jan & Feb
  7. Scheduled February Thankful posts for blog
  8. Scheduled February Sunday posts for blog
  9. Scheduled Pinterest posts for blog

What does the beginning of the year look like for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!