Friday, October 2, 2020

Currently... October, 2020

 Welcome, October!  

This is the birth month of one of my very favorite people ever.  (hint:  it's the Man of the House).  That means it would automatically get a big thumbs up from me.  But, I adore October for so many reasons.  Football season is in full swing.  Pumpkins are everywhere. It (usually) starts to really feel like fall - which means I get to start wearing sweaters and boots without feeling as if I'm going to melt into a puddle by lunchtime.  Around here, the best part of the autumn leaf season usually occurs in October. 

There is just so much to enjoy about this month!




Working On:  Prioritizing tasks.  I am doing pretty well with getting myself back into the habit of setting monthly and weekly goals and planning my weeks. (Something I seriously let slide during the first several months of the whole pandemic thing) But I need to do a better job of prioritizing each of my tasks so that Important things get accomplished on time.

Reading:  The Giver of Stars by Jojo Moyes  and  Living With Intent by Mallika Chopra

I've never read any of Jojo Moyes' other popular works such as Me Before You.  But I am thoroughly enjoying this tale of a British girl who hastily marries an American boy and moves to a small Kentucky mining town where she joins a group of women delivering books as part of Eleanor Roosevelt's new Pack Horse Library Project.

Celebrating:  As I mentioned above, the Man of the House has a birthday this month.  Our daughter and her husband also celebrate their first anniversary.  Hard to believe that an entire year has passed since the wedding!

Loving:  This month!  (see above)   Also my two little doggies.  Yep - two!  We have been talking about getting a "brother" for Max.  A companion and playmate.  Last weekend we drove to an animal rescue in South Carolina and adopted a Chiweenie.  We have named him Ziggy and so far he is fitting right into our family.  It's adorable to see the two of them playing and wrestling.  And Ziggy is a sweetheart who loves to cuddle in my lap.

Wanting/Needing:  I need some book suggestions.  I welcome any reading recommendations, but specifically I am looking for a good daily devotional or two (or three, or four) as well as suggestions for good books about intentional living and mindfulness. 

Dreaming About:  Fun birthday celebrations.  For the Man of the House this month and for myself on November  1st. 


October Goals:

  • Get back onto Weight Watchers program
  • Schedule a "self care' day once a week
  • Select a crochet project that isn't for the Etsy shop
  • Create November blog schedule
  • Create graphics for November blog posts
  • Create and schedule Sunday Inspiration posts for blog
  • Create 5 new listings for Etsy shop
  • Write at least 3 posts for the shop blog
  • Plan for "Before Black Friday" sale 


What will your October look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!