Tuesday, October 27, 2020

I Did What I Could

Since my birthday is Sunday - today seemed like a good time to review my 15 before 51 list from last year.  The whole Covid-19 thing put quite a damper on my plans.  Despite being mostly in isolation for 7 of the last 12 months, I did manage to mark a few items off the list. 



  1. Reach my goal weight:  I did a whole lot of stress eating especially in the early months of the Covid-19 pandemic and I'm afraid my weight tipped in the wrong direction as a result  Boo!!
  2. Get into an exercise routine.  I would like to blame this one on the pandemic, but it's no fault but my own.
  3. Attend a crochet group
  4. Learn how to make Key Lime pie (one of my favorite desserts) from scratch  I did find a simple recipe for Key Lime pie on Pinterest.  It was easy to make and the result was a creamy, delicious pie.  I would like to keep working on this skill until I get to a point where I can make the perfect Key Lime pie.  But I'm not disappointed by my efforts so far. 
  5.  Read these 5 classic novels
    •  The Heart is a Lonely Hunter
    • Watership Down
    • The Secret Garden 
    • The Count of Monte Cristo
    • The Picture of Dorian Gray
  6. Attend a play
  7. Take a class I did a few online learning webinars from the local community colleges Small Business Center.  And I was gifted a year to MasterClass, which I forgot about until recently - but now I have access to many learning opportunities through that membership. 
  8. Road trip!   We managed a couple of road trips before Coronamaggedon shut everything down in March.  In November, The Man of the House and I drove to Cleveland for a football game.  And in February we made the trip to Memphis for a weekend.
  9. Eat meatless meals one day per week It hasn't been every single week, but most weeks I tried to plan at least one meatless meal.  One of my favorites is a vegetarian taco salad made with a seasoned mix of black, kidney, and pinto beans.
  10. Start a sketchbookI'm not singing from the rooftops about this accomplishment, but I did start a few little sketches and doodlings in a sketchbook this year.  
  11. Go on a spontaneous weekend away with the Man of the House.  It wasn't exactly "spontaneous", since going anywhere takes a bit of consideration and planning these days - but we did rent a cottage at the lake and got away for a long weekend back in July. 
  12. Get a family photo with the kids and grandkid
  13. Go to a movie by myself
  14. Donate blood at least 3 times this year
  15. Crochet something for charity

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my little corner of the blogdom! I love hearing what you have to say; so please take a moment to share your thoughts. Have a blessed day!